10.10.2007

*Sigh* It will be done

Ok, been holding this one in for a while, kind of random but I have to let it out.

Halo 3 is the best game, EVER. *whew* Ok, but that's not really what I'm talking about tonight. What I'm talking about is the fact that Parents complain about video games. First of all, Video games have a E to M rating. E is everybody, T is teen, M is mature, and that's about the simple part. What parents seem to fail to see is that a child who is freaking seven years old, is not old enough to play a rated M game. Now it isn't always bad for a child to play a rated M game, hell my brother and I beat Turok for N 64 and we found all of the cheats including "extra green guts" huh...anyways we were watched by my father until about the age of nine I would say, when I understood video games were not real. Now I look at my neighborhood. Right by me is a family in which a child who is eight years old has done the following. He plays Grand Theft Auto *the newest one, forget the name* he has a BB gun, a Paintball gun, so much crap that it amazes me, and his parents don't care. They buy him whatever he wants if he cries, just to shut him up. I wonder why our society is going to fall? These new games that come out are not controlled enough. If a game says "Rated T for Teen" do you think that a child should play the game unsupervised?? Here is a good example, I play the game World of Warcraft *Omg, big shocker* and I got reported for saying "Dang"....Dang. The person who reported me said that "I said a bad word and they were going to tell on me" I personally don't believe this is an adult, but ok. IF IT IS RATED SOMETHING HIGHER THAN YOUR CHILD'S AGE, EITHER WATCH THEM UNTIL THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT, OR JUST DON'T GET IT FOR THEM. Is it really that hard? I watch videos online sometimes, and I found one *Ventrillo Harassment, hilarious* of a kid who is talking to another kid. Now the sound quality is pretty good, so it was safe to assume that the kids talking were between the ages of nine and 12. I believe they said the word "Fuck" about 25 times. Hmm...this isn't bad. Yeah, our future is in their hands, I feel good now. As said before, a child is easily able to absorb information that can be correct, or incorrect. If they process the incorrect information *not mathematics, just common sense* then it won't end well. To top this off, I once heard a story that a child died because he jumped into the sea and drowned, looking for Spongebob. I don't know the age, was four I believe, but the parents sued the makers of Spongebob because of the incident. Do you think that IF YOU TOLD YOUR CHILD THAT IT WAS A TV SHOW, THAT HE WOULDN'T HAVE DROWNED??? DO YOU THINK THAT IT IS YOUR FAULT AND NOT THE COMPANIES? So basically to put it, parents can go both ways, good or bad. I feel that mine have done a good job *mental conditions not their fault* so the future, is basically screwed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. And ultimately, it shouldn't be in the companies hands to provide censorship, but the parents. But then again, I think that being aware of things is beneficial to development, so maybe perhaps shielding a fact of life from your child for an extended period of time isn't necessarily a good thing.

Either way, it definitely is a question of maturity and parents are generally close enough to a child to assess that certain personality characteristic.

On a tangent, I recently had a World of Warcraft character name of mine changed, which was unprovoked. The name had the prefix "nig" in it, which was apparently too racial for Blizzard. "Nig," however, is a perfectly fine prefix for some other non-racial words. For example, Nigeria is a country, nigella is a type of plant, NIG is an acronym for the National Institute of Genetics, etc. Sure maybe if I walked down a street in Harlem and started shouting "nig" it might be a little derogatory, but I think that the close-mindedness of some people is a little derogatory to me.

Reid Nelson said...

Rofl, no need for me to guess who this person is, how ya doing chris?

Anonymous said...

Damn, I'm so transparent.

Reid Nelson said...

umm, yeah, you told me this already about your guy getting screwed over because of Nig. What did it change to?

Anonymous said...

No idea, I canceled my account.

Reid Nelson said...

dammit, I need that glider, talk to me later on facebook or something...glider..

Blog Info

This blog is simply for me to let loose some demons somehow... feel free to comment, want to see what people think about my ideas. Thanks

**Update** I have invited some friends of mine who personally, I know deep down inside they are incredibly smart, but like me, act stupid 99% of the time. If they piss you off, tell it in a comment, and they shall feel my wrath! Thanks, keep up the comments!

*PLEASE READ* Just a warning, got it from a reader, yes there is vulgar language in this blog, so if you read it...shouldn't hurt you. Just giving out a warning.
~Admin