10.08.2007

Coming to thought

This is my last post for tonight, if people read this regularly, they will see that I am a blog troll and I will update every day.

I guess that my topic for this one will come out of how my hands type on the key board. They show my things that I've never seen and yet I am typing the stuff up. When i try to think too much, it does put a strain on me. The strain is simple, why should I exist? Why should i stay in this shell of mine, living in this pain that I've created by accident? No I'm not considering suicide, I've visited that dark region many times, but Why not? I guess the simple answer is that there is too much to do with my life. There are too many people who are important to me and I don't want to leave them suddenly. I choose what I will do with my life. I say that if given the chance, I will take the bullet for a friend or family member of mine. Others will come before my life, I consider my shell to be utterly worthless but to those who care. So just because I don't want to cause them pain, I will stay on this pitiful planet, and yes, I will be typing more. I'm not trying to show off, but I'm trying something new on how to expel my own demons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

In my opinion a very depressing way to live when excersized fully.

Anonymous said...

There are different forms of Nihilism, just are there are many different forms of Christianity. It would be unfair to judge them all as a single concept.

Some are very depressing, and I think that misses the point.

Although united in the worlds meaningless the Nihilist are divided on what to do about it. The Negative (Russian) Nihilist reject the values of contemporary society, yet offer alternative values to replace them. For example instead of looking to religion we look to science. Nietzsche sees this as just another form of the “will to power”. The “will to power” is the human impulse to make sense of a universe that is essentially senseless and chaotic. Replacing one will to power with another only changes the median and Nietzsche rejects such attempts. The pessimistic Nihilist (led by Schopenhauer) believe that our attempts to create meaning of this meaningless world only lead to suffering. To ease the suffering we must renounce our will to live and detach ourselves from life. Nietzsche is fundamentally opposed to such pessimism. He thinks this pessimism is a root of men’s desire for meaning in the world and upon finding there is none results in depression and pessimism. Just because the world does not have meaning however, does not mean that we have to reject to will to life. Instead of a pessimistic detached “no” to life Nietzsche substitutes a powerful “yes” to life.

Nietzsche’s Nihilism accepts the fact that the world is meaningless and does not fret over it. The meaningless of the world is neither negative nor positive to Nietzsche it is simply how the chaotic universe is. The lack of an external source of meaning means that we are free to create our own source of meaning in the world. This is his concept of courageous life-affirmation in which we live a life that we are proud of. We make our life a work of art with a consistent style that we can call our own. If a demon came to us and said, “This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every paid and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything immeasurably small or great in your life must return to you,” a true Nietzscheian Nihilist would rejoice for he would have lived a life worth reliving infinitely. That is the courageous life-affirming artistic commitment Nietzscheian Nihilism calls on us to undertake.

Blog Info

This blog is simply for me to let loose some demons somehow... feel free to comment, want to see what people think about my ideas. Thanks

**Update** I have invited some friends of mine who personally, I know deep down inside they are incredibly smart, but like me, act stupid 99% of the time. If they piss you off, tell it in a comment, and they shall feel my wrath! Thanks, keep up the comments!

*PLEASE READ* Just a warning, got it from a reader, yes there is vulgar language in this blog, so if you read it...shouldn't hurt you. Just giving out a warning.
~Admin