10.09.2007

Puritans and other insanoe's *new word!*

Ok, a random thought right now. I'm in English class typing up an essay on the Crucible, a book about the Salem Witch Trials. One simple thought comes into mind. What the hell is wrong with these people? I mean, they demand rights to worship whatever religion they want, yet they think that they are the only ones right *as do all other religions* but how, how can anybody be so stupid? They think that if a girl dances that she is possessed by the devil. What?! Why? How can a girl dancing be controlled by the devil? Then she starts saying that others are controlled by this invisible being, and the people are stupid enough to belive her! I mean, c'mon people, make some sense here! A girl, a love-struck girl, makes accusations on people saying that they are controlled by this invisible being, and they follow her words exactly killing many people, huh, I wonder why there aren't a lot of puritans out there. I'm saying my own opinion here, but if you are puritan, you have some problems. The religion, the idea, it's stupid! Why should a person belive this religious crap spewing out of their mouths? I sure don't want to even see them anymore, learn to grow up people. Here, I won't just bash the puritans, lets go to the mormons. They have a good sense on family life, hell if my life were like a mormons it would be awesome and I would be crazy close to my family, but what is up with their religion?? I have relatives who are mormon, and apparently they have SECRET UNDERWEAR....what???? Why underwear, well apparently they wear it to every freaking service...ok they can do that, but it's creepy. They think that jesus went to America, and that the Indians were white, what is wrong with these people!? Look, belive what you want, but if you come to my house at six AM in the morning saying that Jesus went to America, back off right now. That is stupid, wrong, and get out of my way I really don't want to have a religious conversation with you. Oh, another idea that they have, apparently when you die, you become a god of a planet. The better things you do in life, the more powerful of a god you become.*pauses* What? What the hell? Who made this up?! A man reading "Golden scriptures only he could see" out of a damn top-hat. Why and how these religions were created I don't know how...but it just amazes me on what these people think that is right. I'm agnostic, I have no religious background I'm putting my back up against, but with simple logic, these religions are insane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aren't you doing the same thing they are by calling them stupid? who is allowed to judge those who judge?

Anonymous said...

"...back off right now. That is stupid, wrong, and get out of my way I really don't want to have a religious conversation with you."

Hmmm... sounds like you are doing that which you condemn so much.

hyp·o·crite:
1. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't mean the people are "stupid" just because they are different. That comes off as arrogant... which limits discussion.

Anyways, is magic underwear any more "silly" then holy water to ward away the devil? Any more silly than garlic to ward away a vampire? Any more silly than any rites of religion? What about any more silly than any traditions? Like... Monday night football. Why monday? That's kind of silly. Or hanging stockings over the fireplace to fill with candy... what about searching for easter eggs? Aren't those all a little silly. Yet even adults do those (even some adults without kids... because it's sort of a tradition... just like have a turkey at thanksgiving... why not beef? Isn't is silly to always have a turky and not beef even if you LOVE beef?). What is silly is silly.

Blog Info

This blog is simply for me to let loose some demons somehow... feel free to comment, want to see what people think about my ideas. Thanks

**Update** I have invited some friends of mine who personally, I know deep down inside they are incredibly smart, but like me, act stupid 99% of the time. If they piss you off, tell it in a comment, and they shall feel my wrath! Thanks, keep up the comments!

*PLEASE READ* Just a warning, got it from a reader, yes there is vulgar language in this blog, so if you read it...shouldn't hurt you. Just giving out a warning.
~Admin