12.11.2007

Christmas

So...i've noticed that nobody has replied... lol whatever.

On to the wonderful day in the year, christmas. Why is christmas so wonderful? Well there are plenty of reasons...that really don't make sense. First, christmas started with the birth of christ, but i want to ask children and see what their view is. Is christmas celebrating the birth of christ? Or is it about the one thing that children need, presents, presents, presents. Who cares about getting others something, lets get presents! I mean... understand me when i say this. We already have children that are "immune" to diseases, and now we want to give them the idea that on this one day of the year, they get whatever they want. I can slightly understand that you are giving to others, but will others give to you? Took me a while to figure that out. I wouldn't mind getting some stuff that's on my christmas list. Actually it's nice for every once-in-a-while you see a letter from a relative saying merry christmas, makes me feel good inside. But I now make sure that I get my families gifts first, not saying that I expect a reward for giving, but what I do expect is that I give first before I am given. So..to not confuse - Give first, don't expect to be given back - simple. But I hear songs saying "I want everything for christmas" or I see kids *not much younger than me* getting upset of that they didn't get what they wanted for christmas. It's christmas, ya get what ya get and take it. At least somebody is giving you something...I mean if you want we can go on the fall back plan everybody uses, what about africa?

Ok, going on a random tangent because of Africa. People, get this, this is NOT new to the African people. Darfur? It's happened already. Egypt had the same situation thousands of years ago. Recently, Somalia was also controlled by a dictator. Now it's Darfur. Did the people of darfur go to the media, or did the media go to them? It just shows that we need "action" with our stories. Now everybody is freaking about something that has been going on for THOUSANDS OF YEARS....took us long enough.

Back to christmas...for a second. Basically, children are spoiled rotten, and nothing is changing. I just can't wait to see Peter turning out to be a rabbit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"- Give first, don't expect to be given back -"

Here here.

Blog Info

This blog is simply for me to let loose some demons somehow... feel free to comment, want to see what people think about my ideas. Thanks

**Update** I have invited some friends of mine who personally, I know deep down inside they are incredibly smart, but like me, act stupid 99% of the time. If they piss you off, tell it in a comment, and they shall feel my wrath! Thanks, keep up the comments!

*PLEASE READ* Just a warning, got it from a reader, yes there is vulgar language in this blog, so if you read it...shouldn't hurt you. Just giving out a warning.
~Admin