4.10.2008

Polygamy

Wow, I'm reading about this situation, the Polygamy camp.

What the hell? here, let me copy and paste

Authorities were looking for evidence that the girl, who allegedly gave birth at 15, was married to a 50-year-old, and for records related to other mothers aged 17 and younger. Even with their parents' permission, Texas law forbids girls younger than 16 to marry.
In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001

WHAT THE HELL!?
These people, this religion, is just retarded. This is MENTALLY INSANE. This is why I'm so against religion, because it allows stupid people like this, to do obscenities like this. You ask how this ties in religion? The group thought that armageddon was near, so they would repopulate the planet when it was dead. Here, directly from the story.

Jessop, author of the polygamy memoir "Escape," said the women dedicated so much time to raising children and their chores because the community emphasized self-sufficiency: Members believe the apocalypse is near, and they will have to start over when the world is destroyed.

So I'm going to leave it at that, pretty short. Demented people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After a book I have just read, What Peace there May Be, by Susanna Barlow, I've been quite interested in Polygamy. In the sense of learning about it, not so much participating.
I think it's an interesting Topic that everyone seems to have an opinion on and I find it very informative by reading all about it.

Blog Info

This blog is simply for me to let loose some demons somehow... feel free to comment, want to see what people think about my ideas. Thanks

**Update** I have invited some friends of mine who personally, I know deep down inside they are incredibly smart, but like me, act stupid 99% of the time. If they piss you off, tell it in a comment, and they shall feel my wrath! Thanks, keep up the comments!

*PLEASE READ* Just a warning, got it from a reader, yes there is vulgar language in this blog, so if you read it...shouldn't hurt you. Just giving out a warning.
~Admin